Four families lost their homes in fire

By JOSEPHINE NAVULA

Four families of Naikabula, Lautoka have lost their homes during a fire last night.

National Fire Authority Chief Executive John O?Connor said that no one was injured but the fire had caused a lot of damages.

?All 16 people who were living in these flats are all safe but the damage to the partially corrugated iron and concrete house is estimated to be around $150,000.?

?The fire had started at 8pm and by the time our team arrived the house was already covered in flames and smoke,? he said.

He also mentioned that the National Fire Authority is urging all public, especially in the western division, for those whom houses still hasn?t received electricity yet is to be careful when they light candles or use kerosene stove.

The team managed to put out the fire at 10pm last night.