Caption: Attorney-General Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum will be officially launching the awards tomorrow. File Photo.
Investment Fiji will launch the 2013 Vodafone & Westpac Prime Minister?s Exporter of the Year Awards at the Holiday Inn tomorrow evening at 7pm. The event will be launched by the Attorney General and Minister for Industry and Trade, Mr. Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum.
The event is staged annually by Investment Fiji to acknowledge and reward the contribution exporter?s makes towards enhancing the Fijian economy. The event is one of the longest running awards events in Fiji and will be celebrating its 21st anniversary this year.
The event is themed ?Expanding Beyond the Horizons of Fiji?, quite apt as the Fiji Government has undertaken several strategies to ensure that it reached out to a wider market. With Missions opening in Brazil, United Arab Emirates and South Korea, our exporters will be challenged to brand Fiji across the globe.
Vodafone and Westpac have once again joined hands to support the event this year. They are supported by ten other prominent companies. Exporters will once again compete to win the main award along with other ten awards, which include the following:
1. Bank of Baroda Small Exporter of the Year Award;
2. LICI Medium Exporter of the Year Award;
3. Home Finance Company Ltd Large Exporter of the Year Award;
4. Technix Bitumen Pacific Ltd Emerging Exporter of the Year Award;
5. Bank South Pacific Import Substitution Award;
6. Reserve Bank of Fiji Agriculture Exporter of the Year Award;
7. Hangton Pacific Company Ltd Fisheries Exporter of the Year Award;
8. Golden Manufacturers Ltd Manufacturing Exporter of the Year Award;
9. Tropik Wood Industries Ltd Forestry Exporter of the Year Award;
10. Telecom Fiji Ltd ICT Services Award; and
11. Vodafone and Westpac Prime Minister?s Exporter of the Year Award.
Investment Fiji Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Ravuni Uluilakeba says that, ?The awards are an avenue to reward and provide accolades to Fijian Exporters. The competition will be declared open at the Launch tomorrow evening. Investment Fiji will continue to undertake a vigorous role in encouraging participation, as winning an award titles you as one of Fiji?s top exporters.?
Investment Fiji is hoping to receive more applications this year and will work towards staging the event later in November this year.