Caption:?CCE Coordinator Rajendra Singh with Student Mua Fatiaki.?
Fifty participants who successfully completed Care Giving Fundamentals, Workplace Leadership Training, CISCO CCNA 3 and Certificate III in Information Systems under Continuing and Community Education (CCE) were awarded certificates during a well organized ceremony at USP Lautoka Campus. The ceremony was witnessed by USP advisory committee members and Student Association senior executives.
The highlight of the evening was a special presentation by an internationally accredited IT and Business Solutions consultant Mr. Manhor Singh of HP New Zealand. The audience was mesmerized by Mr. Singh?s captivating delivery and depth of understanding of the ?Big World Challenges? like World population growth, Economic powerbase shift, aging population and security. He related how aging population in developed countries provides employment opportunities for our Care Giving graduates. The IT graduates were surprised about the ?next big technology trend? part of the presentation and opportunities and challenges that lie ahead for them.
The Campus Director, Dr. Pramila Devi said ?the presentation by the guest speaker was excellent and very relevant to the occasion?. On behalf of the certificate recipients, Mr. Fatiaki Mua related how the training provided by USP had helped transform him into a more effective and confident leader and contributed positively towards his personal development. Commenting on the address by Mr. Mua, Dr. Pramila said, ?it was an eye opener to receive such an extensive appreciation and endorsement from a participant on behalf of those who received certificates.
Dr. Pramila assured the audience that USP Lautoka Campus was committed and ready towards responding to the education and training needs of the people of the Western Division.
Congratulating them, Dr Devi said ?that this a great moment for all those who will be receiving certificates this evening. It signifies a milestone, an achievement in your life.?
Awards presentation included the following programs CCE courses:
- Care giving fundamentals
- WPLT (Workplace Leadership Training)
- IT (Certificate III in IS (Information System)
- CISCO? academy networking (CCNA course 3)
All these courses are popular and in demand, Dr Devi Said. ?She further elaborated that
- Care Giving, eg,? is a practical course with three components – theory, in class demonstration and actual field experience. Certificate is given only upon successful completion of all three components.
- Workplace leadership training is for those in the workplace wishing to upgrade their skills and thus competency level. Professionals from all spheres of work enrolment in this course!
- Certificate III in IS provides basic hands on training on IT. This is popular amongst those finishing high school and are looking forward to enter job market.
- CCNA courses ? part of CISCO academy is also very popular and we get students who are in the workforce and wish to upgrade their formal qualification in networking.
- These programs and courses are offered by USP Lautoka Campus as part of its Continuing and Community Education (CCE) program.
- The Lautoka Campus serves to fulfil two main objectives of being USP?s representative in the Western Division. Firstly, it brings academic programs and courses offered by the three faculties of USP to the door steps of the Western communities. Distance and Flexible Learning (DFL) approach offers study opportunities to those who wish to study while keeping their jobs and staying with their families in their own home towns in the Western Division of Fiji.
- Secondly, apart from academic programs and courses, Lautoka Campus also engages with local communities through its CCE Program. Engaging communities with lifelong learning approach, CCE offers programs and courses for individuals and communities for the purpose of re-skilling, multi-skilling and upgrading skills in order to keep their competency level for the workplace and/or prepare them directly for the labor market.
- In addition to these, USP Lautoka offers many more courses, customised to suit the needs of individuals, organizations and communities in the West.