NADI BABIES SUFFER BURN INJURIES

Yesterday two reports were received by police where a 2 year old and another 1 year and 2 months old baby got burnt.

In Dratabu village, the 2 year old got burnt when the?electric kettle of hot water fell on him.

The baby?s mother was in the kitchen while the kettle was placed on the shelve when suddenly victim walked in crying.

Later the mother found out that the hot water had spilled on his back. It is not known how the kettle fell. The baby was rushed to Nadi Hospital where he is currently admitted at Burn’s Unit in stable condition.

In another incident at Waqadra, Nadi, the 1year 2 months old baby got burnt when a cup of hot tea fell on him.

The baby?s mother was prepared the tea and placed it on the table to cool.

Later the mother noticed the baby crying and found out that the cup of tea had spilled on his forehead and finger.

The baby was rushed to Nadi Hospital where he is currently admitted at Burn’s Unit in stable condition.

FIJI POLICE