Police are warning people to be careful with fire. In the last 24 hours, three people ? two children and an adult were admitted to hospital due to the burns they suffered.
In the first incident which took place in Drasa , Lautoka at 11 am yesterday, two children aged 12 and 5 years were burnt as a result of an explosion of empty perfume cans they were burning. They were burning a pile of rubbish near their home.
Both suffered 20 and 11 per cent burn and are admitted at Lautoka Hospital.
In the second incident in Varadoli ,Ba a 31 year old woman was rushed to the hospital after? she got burnt trying to light a firewood with kerosene.
Her clothes caught fire resulting? before she was rescued by relatives.She suffered 50 per cent burn and is now admitted at Lautoka Hospital.