Two people were rushed to the Colonial War Memorial Hospital this morning after sustaining burns in a fire.
The incident occurred at about 0530hrs in Rawai where the double storey building belonging to a 57 year old retired civil servant was partly burnt.
The two victims a 27 year old and an 8 year old were sleeping in separate rooms when the fire started in the child?s bedroom.
At this early stage of the investigation it is believed the fire could have started from a mosquito coil.
The 27 year old managed to rescue the 8 year old however in the process they both sustained burns and were taken to the CWM Hospital where they are receiving medical treatment.
We are once again pleading with people to be cautious of fire hazards in their homes and take safety measures to avoid such incidents from occurring.