Fijian consumers will be paying less for LPG and Auto Gas, but the price of fuel is on the rise.
?Both changes are due to international market forces beyond our control,? said Acting Minister for Industry, Trade and Tourism, Hon. Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum.
The cost of LNG on the international market has fallen, leading the Fiji Commerce Commission to extend the trend of declines in the price of LNG for the third quarter.
However, high demand and stagnant supply of fuel, and higher rates for shipping, have led to increased international costs. The global market price of fuel is directly related to the price at the pump, and that increase will be passed along to Fijians for the third quarter.
Both changes go into effect from 18 July 2015.
The reduction of the LPG/Auto Gas prices are as follows:
- 4.5 kilogram cylinder is reduced by 5 cents from $13.45 to $13.40;
- 12 kilogram cylinder is reduced by 14 cents from $35.87 to $35.78;
- Bulk LPG is reduced by 1 cent from $2.41 to $2.40; and
- Auto Gas by is reduced by 4 cents from $1.70 to $1.66.
The increase in Fuel prices are as follows:
- Motor Spirit is increased by 31 cents from $1.90 to $2.21;
- Premix is increased by 24 cents from $1.85 to $2.09;
- Kerosene is increased by 9 cents from $1.27 to $1.36; and
- Diesel is increased by 12 cents from $1.67 to $1.79.
The summary of the LPG price are as follows:
?????? Table 2: LPG Price Changes for Quarter 3, 2015
|Auto Gas (Litre)||1.70||1.66||(0.04)||-2.35%|
The summary of the fuel price changes are as follows:
Table 1: Fuel Price Changes Quarter 3 2015
|Product||Current Prices ($)||New Prices
|Price Change (%)|
*Prices will vary outside the cities of Suva and Lautoka and the Towns of Lami, Nasinu, Nausori and Nadi.
As we have stated in the past, Fiji is a price taker and we have no control over what happens in the international marketplace.
The Government encourages all Fijians to conserve energy, use the fuel wisely and plan accordingly to adjust to the changes in fuel prices.