The National Disaster Management Office (NDMO) director Manasa Tagicakibau has advised the general public to continue listening to the radio for further information regarding the heavy rain warning.
Members of the public are advised to start making preparations for all appropriate precautionary measures that need to be taken as flooding could be experienced in low lying areas.
Mr Tagicakibau said the National Weather Office has forecasted a heavy rain warning which could affect the whole of Fiji group till Sunday.
“District offices and members of the Police force are currently monitoring the situation and DISMAC office will provide regular updates,” he said.
- Mariners are advised NOT to go out to sea during this period of bad weather.
- Make sure that you have adequate supply of food and water for at least three to five days
- All people living in low lying areas MUST move to higher ground due to the high possibility of flooding
- All drivers must take precaution while driving in low lying/ flood prone areas due to possible flooding during the night
- The National Emergency Operation Center can be contacted by telephone on 331 9250 or fax at 331 9315.