A team from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) will be in Fiji from 1 August – 15 August 2013 for discussions on issues pertaining to economic development in Fiji.
The Mission Chief for this IMF Article IV Mission is Mr Chikahisa Sumi from the IMF. Other members include:
- · Mrs. Suphphiphat Nujin, Economist, Asia and Pacific Department
- · Mr. Dan Nyberg, Asia and Pacific Department
- · Mr. Jiaqian Chen, Asia and Pacific Department
- · Ms Caroline Currie, ADB, Suva Office
- · Mr. Tobias Haque, Economist, World Bank
- · Mr. Yongzheng Yang, Regional Resident Representative for Pacific Island Countries
- · Mr. Scott Roger, PFTAC Coordinator
The team would also like to meet with members of Nadi and Lautoka Chambers of Commerce on Thursday 1 August, 2.00-3.00pm. The meeting will center on the following areas:
- · Discussion of economic developments and outlook. What are the risks to the outlook?
- · Discussion of the business environment and investment prospects and challenges.
SOURCE: NADI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY