The Fiji international Triathlon is now 2 days away and during this time, Denarau island will be experiencing a lot of activity and movements.
Please be advised that there will be interruptions with traffic movement as follows whilst the races are on;
- Friday 5th June, 2015
- Time: 11:00am – 12 noon
- Location: Denarau Golf & Racquet Club (DGRC) to Navo and return – Course Familiarization Ride.
- Traffic Management Type (TMT): Police Escort with Stop / Go traffic control at the Denarau Bridge “Exit Lane” only
- Saturday 6th June, 2015:
- Time: 8:30am – 9:30am
- Location: DGRC to Denarau Island Main Entrance Bure
- Race: Elite Race
- TMT: TOTAL ROAD CLOSURE
- NOTE: During this time once athletes have passed the Main Entrance Bure, they will veer to one lane over the exit side of the bridge and out of Denarau.
Outgoing Traffic will be diverted via Sikituru and come out at the Narewa junction with incoming vice versa.
Traffic will be let through in between bikes from DGRC to Main Entrance Bure if there is enough distance between bikes and there is no hindrance to the race.
- Time: 9:30am – 1:45pm
- Race: Sprint & Enticer
- Location: DGRC – Narewa
- TMT: Temporary Stop/Go traffic management (motorists are to expect delays) on the island
- Note: Outgoing Traffic will be diverted via Sikituru and come out at the Narewa junction with incoming vice versa.
- Time: 8:30am – 1:45pm
- Location: Sikituru – Narewa junction
- TMT: Temporary diversion in place (all vehicles will be diverted through Sikituru and come out at the Narewa junction)
- Sunday 7th June, 2015:
- Time: 7:30am – 1pm
- Race: Long Course
- Location: DGRC to Korovuto (via Nadi Town)
- TMT: Temporary Stop/Go traffic management (motorists are to expect delays)
During the races the athletes will be escorted by The Fiji Police Force and traffic will be managed by Higgins with the support of the Fiji Police Force.
We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and request that you accommodate transfers in and out of Denarau accordingly.