On Saturday 19th October 2013, ISN will be holding a fundraising ball at Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa, Denarau Island. Wonderful donations such as accommodation at Fiji’s resorts have been received from many companies in Nadi; these will be auctioned in order to raise funds for ISN.
ISN provides a positive and nurturing environment, empowering students to be well rounded, broad-minded individuals able to live constructively in today’s fast changing multicultural world. ISN is one of only two schools in Fiji to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, which is comprised of the Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme, and Diploma Programme. The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
ISN offers scholarships to academically able Fiji National students to do the two-year IB Diploma. To date five students have benefited from this initiative and are now pursuing University degrees in Fiji, and overseas.
The funds raised from the ball over the last 3 years, has allowed the school to make some capital expenses to provide a better teaching environment. Some of the areas where money has been spent over the last 3 years include:
- · Shifting of the Science laboratory to a top floor to alleviate the impact of flooding in the school and the destruction of valuable resources.
- · Establishment of two senior classrooms where the Science laboratory used to be
- · The extension of the Early Childhood Centre to cater for younger children thus meeting an urgent need in Nadi
- · Upgrading of classrooms such as tiling/damage caused by flooding
- · Purchase of teaching aids such as science and musical equipment
- · Urgent installation of two septic tanks
Majority of the money raised in the last two years was spent to replenish the resources damaged by the floods of March 2012. It is fair to say that had this money not been available ISN would have struggled to get back up on its feet.
Our aim this year is to raise enough money to continue the renovation of the school and the replacement of resources due to frequent flood and cyclone damage.
Ball tickets are available at the cost of $110.00 per person or $1000.00 for a table of ten people. Please contact the school if you would like to purchase a ticket.