Please be mindful of where you store harmful liquids: Police urged the public


Fiji Police Force are now urging the public to be mindful of  where they store harmful liquids after  receiving a case involving a 2 years old child from Malau, Lau.

Police Spokesperson Ana Naisoro confirmed that the child allegedly consumed two stoke benzene fuel which was kept in a sprite bottle under the house.

The victim’s mother who was raking the compound saw her son run towards he and when she carried him could smell the benzene from him. She then rushed him to the Labasa Hospital where he is admitted in a stable condition.

The mother of the child was interviewed and cautioned as investigations continue.

scroll to top