21-25 October, Nadi, Fiji
Following another successful Pacific Microfinance Week in Port Vila, Vanuatu in 2011, the Microfinance Pasifika Network is pleased to announce the 4th Pacific Microfinance Week (PMW) which will be held at the Sheraton Fiji Resort, Nadi, Fiji, from 21-25 October 2013.
PMW is an initiative of the Microfinance Pasifika Network and comprises a week-long series of events including workshops, field visits, seminars, and a formal conference, providing the region’s most comprehensive platform for Pacific financial sector stakeholders to share knowledge, network and engage in technical exchanges to further the effective, efficient and sustainable delivery of inclusive financial services within the unique constraints of the region. The 2013 PMW’s major sponsors include the Pacific Financial Inclusion Programme, the International Finance Corporation and the Asian Development Bank.
Members of the Microfinance Pasifika Network have identified a range of priority challenges and opportunities for achieving greater financial inclusion in the Pacific and the PMW aims to provide a platform to seek solutions to these challenges and support organisations to better take advantage of opportunities by stimulating fresh thinking and building the capacity of stakeholders and institutions.
Plenary/panel session topics planned include:
- · Global Trends and New Initiatives
- · Microinsurance
- · Financial Inclusion Indicators & Metrics of Success
- · Microfinance Policy and Regulation
- · Non-bank Financial Institution Sustainability
- · Product and client needs
- · Special Session on Financial Inclusion in Fiji
- · Remittances
- · Financial Education Global Best Practice
Workshops topics planned include:
- · Social performance management and measurement
- · Microfinance as a catalyst for industry (separate workshops for SMEs and agriculture)
- · Building the capacity of non-bank financial institutions (separate workshops for client assessment, designing financial products, and research & client segmentation)
- · Mobile and branchless banking – what works?
- · Implementing an electronic payment solution for smaller financial service providers
- · Integrating financial literacy into school curriculum
- · Women in leadership: achieving gender diversity
Register before 21 July 2013 to receive an “Early Bird” registration discount!
A special discounted accommodation rate at the Sheraton Fiji Resort where PMW will take place is available until 21 July 2013. Limited travel scholarships are also available. See event website for further details.
For more information and updates, including an overview of the program, scholarship opportunities, event registration and travel/accommodation information please visit the Pacific Microfinance Week website at: http://www.microfinance-