2013 Fiji Bitter National Billiards tournament will take place at Nausori Club from 27th July till 28 July. The following week Billiard & Snooker Association will host the 3rd Nationals in two grades in Lautoka Club & South Seas Club.
32 players are expected in the National Open Billards Tournament in Nausori Club next week. 2011 Champion Villiame Umu has been ranked number one, he will face tough competition from 2013 Fiji Games Gold Medalist Isikeli Nawaqaliva, Praneel Singh, Suresh Chauhan, Jiten Prasad, 2010 Fiji Games Gold Medalist Vineel Nand. Shalend Goundar, Philip Gock and Ismail Wali are capable of beating anyone.
Former Champion Suman Lal will be missing the event, since he has now settled in New Zealand.
In 2011 Viliame Umu won the Billiards title beating Suman Lal by 3-1. In the semi Umu Defeated Deepak Ram, while Lal overcame Deepak Bala.
If we have less then 24 players, then we will have elimination round
101 – Pool Games
151- First Round(Top16)
201 – Quarterfinal and Semis
101 – Best of three in the Final
The Following Players are ranked:
1. Viliame Umu(Defending Champion
2. Isikeli Nawaqaliva(2013 Fiji Games Gold Medalist)
3. Jiten Prasad
4. Praneel Singh
5. Suresh Chauhan
6. Deepak Ram
7. Ali Hussein
8. Mahendra Deo
9. Pritesh Khatri
10. Ismail Wali
$600 prize money will be up for grab.
– Winner – $300.00
– Runner up – $150.00
– Semi finalist – $75.00 each
Highest Break – 50 plus – Surprise
Mr. Bhatti thanked Nausori CLub for Sponsoring Lunch for two day competition and Coca Cola. He speacially thanked Navtarang, Fiji Times, Fiji Sun, Fiji TV, FBC, Mai TV, Fijilive, The Jetnewspaper, City Star for playing a major role in the develpment of the sport of snooker.
Division: General / Open
Venue: Nausori Club (NC)
Dates: Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 July 2013
Briefing: 9:30 AM at the NC (games should kick off by 10:00 AM, the latest)
Entry Fees: $ 25-00 per participant
Closing Date: 5:00 PM, Monday 22 July 2013, to Praveen Maharaj / Jim Gaunavinaka
Conditions of Entry:
- Formal dress codeapplies from the quarter-finals onwards, i.e., long sleeve shirt, sulu / long pants (trousers), bow tie, dress shoes / sandals. Strictly, round-neck t-shirts, jeans or open footwear / flip flops will NOT be allowed.
- Short-sleeve shirts with dress pants and shoes, or short-sleeve shirts with sulu and sandals, without bow ties, will be permitted up to the quarter-finals ONLY.
- Note that a minimum of 24 entries will enable pool play; otherwise, matches will proceed on a knockout format.
- The top two (2) players from each of the eight pools (A-H) will qualify for the ‘Round of 16’, or ‘Pre-quarters’.
- For all venues, the respective club rules, regulations and general dress code will apply. Players, and spectators breaching these rules will be asked to leave the premises immediately and the BSAF will also take appropriate disciplinary action against those implicated.
We would like to thank the host club for allowing us to use its facilities and we wish all participants the very best.
N.B: Strictly, no smoking or drinking of alcoholic beverages by players would be allowed during their respective tournament matches.
Riffat Bhatti 992-4441
Timoci (Jim) Gaunavinka 767-1738
Panel of Referees:
Praneel Singh 923-4461
Viliame Umu 995-5886
Also during the 2nd Nationals Billard & Snooker Association of Fiji also launched their website: some of the benefits are:
– People can go to www.fijisnooker.com
– Media can see the latest updates for all snooker events around country and as well as international
– Links to sponsors
– Snooker Coaching & Tips
– Online shopping
– Players Profile
– Links to Linkd, Facebook, Twitter and youtube
– Billiard & Snooker Rules
– and Many more, people can also contact us on website for more details.
Also FASANOC and BSAF is strictly not allowing players to smoke or drink(alcohol beverages) during their respective tournament matches.
The Tournament coordinators are: Mr. Praveen Maharaj & Jim Gaunavinaka.