Digicel is grateful that the courts have taken the time to fully appreciate the legal implications forced upon it by the Fiji Rugby Union and is hopeful that an amicable solution can be reached.
To provide clarity:
- Today’s hearing was a ‘First Call’, where both parties were present,
- The presiding judge has now heard initial arguments, and adjourned the matter until next week,
- This additional time will allow both parties to make further submissions in regards to the legal proceedings.
The outcome of today’s hearing is that:
- No judgement has been made,
- A clear timeline for proceedings has been set.
Digicel appreciated the clarification of timelines from the court, and remains steadfast in its approach to this matter.
Digicel is fully committed to Fiji Rugby and the people of Fiji.