HFC branch manager Urvi Chandra assists one of the first ATM customers Josateki Toga following their opening for commercial operations yesterday. Photo: SHALENDRA PRASAD.


Customers around the country can expect better services and competitive rates following the official launching of HFC as a commercial bank on Thursday, February, 20 at the Novotel reception hall, Suva by Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama.

While addressing invited guests, Prime Minister Bainimarama said the bank will be different from other commercial banks because it (HFC) is 100 per-cent owned by the Fijian people and operate for their benefit.

The Prime minster added that HFC will have to focus on making home ownership more affordable for ordinary Fijians as they have had to pay extremely high interest rates for home financing.

“The aspect of consistency is crucial as stakeholders need to realize that home ownership and construction grows an economy, creates jobs and provides security for ordinary families.”

The Home Finance Company bank is a collective initiative between the national superannuation fund – Fiji National Provident Fund which owns 75 per cent of the bank and the Unit Trust of Fiji, which holds the remaining 25 per cent. The public will be able to use the Bank as a source of borrowing to invest in improving their lives and those of their families.

Meanwhile here in Nadi, customers took advantage of the services offered by HFC which opened its doors for commercial services yesterday (03.03.14).

Nadi Town Council special administrator Robin Ali officiated the services and commended the banks’ management for diversifying into commercial operations.

“It is a historic moment for all of us as HFC Bank opens its doors and begins trading as a commercial bank today. We should be proud that as a local bank, HFC will provide us quality products and services such as ATM services, personal and commercial accounts,” Mr Ali said.

Branch Manager Urvi Chandra was pleased with the public response on the first day of business as a commercial bank. She has invited the public to take advantage on the new incentives being offered.

scroll to top