The Water Authorityof Fiji (WAF) advisesits customersliving in some parts of Suva, Nadi, Lautoka and Labasa that a Meter Replacement Team representing the Authority will be carrying out meter replacement works throughout the month of October in the specified areas below.
These meter replacement works are part of the Authority’s scope of work to increase its service coverage, through efficiency and accurate billing, all over Fiji.
The following areas will be covered in the month of October:
Suva: (Customers whose meter numbers fall under the KR/KJ/KH category)
- Raiwaqa areas
Nadi: (Customers whose meter numbers fall under the ED/EG category)
- Natalau, Sabeto Village and Nadele Village
- Naboutini Village, Navoci Village and Denarau
- Namaka Main Rd to Narewa Village
- Namotomoto Village up to Nadi Bridge
Lautoka: (Customers whose meter numbers fall under the CD category)
- Natokowaqa St 2
- Natabua, Tavakubu, Saru areas
- Rifle Range and Velovelo
- Vaivai Vuda Back Rd and Saru Back Rd
- Field 40 – starting from main highway
Labasa: (Customers whose meter numbers fall under the BF category)
While it is paramount for customers from the above areas to have their meters replaced, the Authority would like to advise customers to ensure the following steps are taken during the meter replacement process:
- Customers should not allow any personnel without proper WAF identification cards to carry out checks or replacement works to their meters.
- All customers are to sign the Meter Replacement Form confirming their consent and feedback on the replacement works carried out by the Authority.
- Customers are urged to assist WAF personnel in locating their meters and provide them of prior warnings of ferocious dogs in their premises.
- Customers are to contact the Authority for arrangements to have their meters replaced should their households be locked during weekdays (or when WAF personnel visit their area)
The Authority urges all customers for their continued cooperation to ensure this process of meter replacements is carried out effectively and efficiently.
Furthermore, customers are also requested to promptly alert the Authority about leakages or water bursts in and around their premises to avoid unnecessary wastage of water.