The Water Authority of Fiji wishes to advise its valued customers residing in the whole of Lautoka Area [from Lomolomo village, Vuda to Teidamu Hill] that the repair works at Vuda back Road has been completed.
Water supply has been restored in the following areas;
- Vuda Zone
– Lauwaki to Velovelo corridor,
– Velovelo to Navutu where flushing is currently in progress
– Viseisei and
- Kashmir Zone
– Simla to Ragg St
- Phllugger Zone
– Lautoka City,
– Namoli Village and
– the Namoli Industrial Area.
However, water carting to the affected areas will continue until supply is fully restored.
Water trucks are currently carting water to most affected areas. Customers living in town boundaries, rural areas and isolated areas where water trucks cannot deliver water to, are requested to move to areas where the water trucks are stationed.
Water tanks are also placed at strategic locations and they are:
- Lomolomo Village – 10,000 litres tank
- Viseisei Village -10,000 litres tank
- Field 40 Road (beside ground)- 10,000 litres tank
- Mudaliar Street- 3,100 litres tank
- Vio Road, Waiyavi – 10,000 litres tank
- PRB Natokowaqa – 10,000 litres tank
- Lauwaki Village – 10,000 litres tank
Customers residing in the above areas are requested to access water from the water tanks available.
Fiji Water bottles have been distributed to customers at Tawatawa, Nasoata, Navutu Village, Waidradranu Settlement Lauwaki Village, Velovelo Temple Road & Velovelo Tramline Road .
Distribution of FIJI Water bottles will continue today to Vuda and other affected areas.
Any inconvenience caused is highly regretted. For further enquires, customers can call 3346777 or 5777 (Vodafone & Inkk users).